Thursday, January 24, 2008

My dear friend Lou would have loved this!

I think the idea of cataloguing my own books is, to quote a friend from the same era as the intro music to this lesson, not a happening thing. I have spent the last 5 years donating my art books and so on, and I now only keep those very very special books, or reference books. I am simplifying!

But my dear friend Lou, who died last July would have loved this site. He had a ton of books - I do believe that is a literally true statement - and he used to keep multiples so he could give them away. I think he might have liked putting them in Dewey number order or arguing with the tags others assigned to his favorites.

But he's gone now, so I will just keep this idea in mind for that next academically oriented person I encounter in life.

No comments: