Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sites for Students - way hard

I really struggled with this one, because i wanted to see Zoho and no matter how I entered things it would not let me in, because the little "can you read this number" thingy always came out wrong. I tried everything. Num lock on, num lock off, mixed case, using jsut the numbers across the top of the keyboard. Then I gave up for a week, came back and Voilá, it worked! And look I have just succeeded in using a Special Character under the button with the Omega symbol.

I think this is so great for not just students. We often get folks who don't have a ton of computer skills coming into the library to type up their resume. They can use our stand-alone computer, but with this they can also just use zoho.

And here is the really really cool thing - I wrote this post (although I have had to edit it a bit) by creating an account with zoho and then posting to my blog FROM THERE!! I am amazed 1) that they offer that and 2) that it worked. So OK, the title printed within my blog, but I was able to go to my blog and edit that. I love this!

So zoho is my fav. Isn't this fun using old slang for a lesson on students?

Sara

No comments: